Blogs > High School Sports

Welcome to the New Haven Register high school sports blog where our talented staff of Chris Hunn, Joe Morelli, Dan Nowak and Mike Pucci will keep you up to date on everything to do with high school sports in Connecticut. Mike Pucci's Gridiron Glory blog for high school football remains. We hope you enjoy and feel free to join in the conversation.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Boys' hockey: Lou Pane comments on reaching 350 wins

In order for any coach to win 350 career games, it takes longevity and consistent success. East Haven boys' hockey coach Lou Pane accomplished the feat on Monday thanks to both qualities when the Easties defeated New Milford 7-0.
In 25 seasons Pane has an impressive 350-177-13 career record at East Haven.
"I am grateful for the opportunity to be able to coach for 25 years at East Haven High," Pane said. "It is a pleasure to give back to the town I once played for (captain '81 Easties/captain Quinnipiac men's hockey in 1985).
"I truly feel that I had and have wonderful athletes that are committed, work hard, play within a system and have the will to win."
Pane's teams always have hard-nosed, scrappy players whose forte is speed and high-scoring front lines.
"I never imagined that I would coach for this long," Pane said. "Back then I just graduated from Quinnipiac and applied for the coaching job. My goal then and always was to hopefully give an East Haven kid the opportunity to go on and play at the next level. I've been fortunate to have 18 graduates play in college, three of them in Division I. I had 12 players go on to play in prep school and seven others go on to play Juinor Hockey."
Pane's teams have won four Housatonic titles, three SCC Division II titles, one SCC Division I title, one CIAC Division II championship (1998) and four CIAC Division II tournament runner ups (1995, 1996, 1997, 2007).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home