Blogs > High School Sports

Welcome to the New Haven Register high school sports blog where our talented staff of Chris Hunn, Joe Morelli, Dan Nowak and Mike Pucci will keep you up to date on everything to do with high school sports in Connecticut. Mike Pucci's Gridiron Glory blog for high school football remains. We hope you enjoy and feel free to join in the conversation.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cheshire football coach Ecke resigns

By Sports staff


Twitter: @nhrsports



Cheshire football coach Mark Ecke said in an email to media outlets Monday night that he is stepping down.



“I am contacting you this evening to let you know that I have decided to step down from my duties as head football coach at Cheshire High School. It was a difficult decision, but one that I believe best serves my family, the football program and my players,” Ecke said in the email.



Ecke’s decision comes almost two weeks after being suspended due to an alleged incident at a junior varsity lacrosse game on May 3 in Glastonbury in which police were called to the field.



CHECK OUT MORE ON WHAT ECKE HAD TO SAY.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home